skip to Main Content

Find a DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner)

To find an airplane light-sport aircraft DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner) to perform a checkride (practical test) or get a sport pilot student certificate simply go to the FAA website listing and finding an examiner in your area.

Many times the instructor who recommends you for a checkride will suggest an examiner. This is the best situation if the recommending instructor and the DPE have worked together before. The instructor typically will make certain you are prepared for your checkride because he will not want to recommend an applicant for a checkride and have that applicant fail.

Back To Top